Golden Steering Wheel for Audi Q2 and Audi A5 Coupé
Muscat - ‘Auto Bild’ and ‘Bild am Sonntag’ have been presenting the Golden Steering Wheel awards since 1976. This year’s competition included 36 models in six categories.
The victories for the Audi Q2 and Audi A5 Coupé are Golden Steering Wheel awards number 26 and 27 for the brand with the four rings. No other car manufacturer has won more.
Rupert Stadler, chairman of the Board of Management of AUDI AG, said, “Our successful performance in one of the most prominent competitions in our industry proves that with our product initiative, we have very attractive models in our portfolio. As a result, the Audi Q2 and the Audi A5 Coupé convinced the jury made up of editors, racing drivers, designers, celebrities and driving enthusiasts, although the participants all had different expectations of the cars.”
The Audi Q2 won through in the ‘Compact SUV’ category. Stadler said, “This victory shows that the Audi Q2 has captured the spirit of the times. It combines a robust SUV look and agile handling with a size that works for city driving as well as superb functionality. The Q2 clearly signals that the expansion of our Q family is an important component of our growth strategy. With its exciting starting price, we are attracting new customers to Audi.” The new Audi A5 Coupé won in the ‘Sports Car’ segment. Dietmar Voggenreiter, member of the Board for Sales and Marketing at AUDI AG, said, “The new Audi A5 Coupé is the Gran Turismo from Audi – a perfect symbiosis of dynamic sports car and elegant coupe. The very first A5 Coupé was a landmark in the development of the Audi brand. The Golden Steering Wheel shows that the new A5, with its high-tech features and superb utility for everyday driving, is setting new standards.”
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 20, 2017 Nissan Altima delivers 29.5km per litre in ‘mileage challenge’ by Bisura
- Feb 20, 2017 BMW Group sales achieve best-ever start to year by Bisura
- Feb 19, 2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast: Geneva world premiere for new berlinetta by Bisura
- Feb 16, 2017 Range Rover Reborn set for world debut by Bisura
- Feb 16, 2017 Infiniti QX60 impresses with its elegance, craftsmanship by Bisura
- Feb 15, 2017 Dodge Challenger gets five-star safety rating at US NHTSA awards by Bisura
- Feb 15, 2017 Chevrolet Corvette: A legendary sports car by Bisura
- Feb 13, 2017 Toyota Fortuner, a workhorse-turned-family 4x4 by Bisura
- Feb 12, 2017 Final Phantom VII marks end of era for Rolls-Royce by Bisura
- Feb 12, 2017 Renault’s special scheme offers exclusive benefits by Bisura