Muscat - ‘Auto Bild’ and ‘Bild am Sonntag’ have been presenting the Golden Steering Wheel awards since 1976. This year’s competition included 36 models in six categories.
The victories for the Audi Q2 and Audi A5 Coupé are Golden Steering Wheel awards number 26 and 27 for the brand with the four rings. No other car manufacturer has won more.
Rupert Stadler, chairman of the Board of Management of AUDI AG, said, “Our successful performance in one of the most prominent competitions in our industry proves that with our product initiative, we have very attractive models in our portfolio. As a result, the Audi Q2 and the Audi A5 Coupé convinced the jury made up of editors, racing drivers, designers, celebrities and driving enthusiasts, although the participants all had different expectations of the cars.”
The Audi Q2 won through in the ‘Compact SUV’ category. Stadler said, “This victory shows that the Audi Q2 has captured the spirit of the times. It combines a robust SUV look and agile handling with a size that works for city driving as well as superb functionality. The Q2 clearly signals that the expansion of our Q family is an important component of our growth strategy. With its exciting starting price, we are attracting new customers to Audi.” The new Audi A5 Coupé won in the ‘Sports Car’ segment. Dietmar Voggenreiter, member of the Board for Sales and Marketing at AUDI AG, said, “The new Audi A5 Coupé is the Gran Turismo from Audi – a perfect symbiosis of dynamic sports car and elegant coupe. The very first A5 Coupé was a landmark in the development of the Audi brand. The Golden Steering Wheel shows that the new A5, with its high-tech features and superb utility for everyday driving, is setting new standards.”
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 16, 2017 Limited offer on Mitsubishi Montero Sport till Feb 10 by Bisura
- Jan 16, 2017 Hyundai to showcase IONIQ line-up at NAIAS till Jan 22 by Bisura
- Jan 15, 2017 Infiniti previews co-pilot autonomous driving support technologies by Bisura
- Jan 11, 2017 Nissan Altima offers attractive features and superior performance by Bisura
- Jan 8, 2017 Hyundai Veloster adjudged Best Small Hatchback at Oman Auto Excellence Awards by Bisura
- Dec 26, 2016 Land Rover’s third Discovery Sport WeekendAdventure episode revealed for Oman by Bisura
- Dec 26, 2016 Renault Oman’s special offer concludes on December 31 by Bisura
- Dec 25, 2016 Mazda Luxury series: Next level in style and safety by Bisura
- Dec 25, 2016 Infiniti QX80: A unique combination of inspired design and performance by Bisura
- Dec 22, 2016 Renault Talisman available at attractive value schemes by Bisura