Golden Steering Wheel for Audi Q2 and Audi A5 Coupé
Muscat - ‘Auto Bild’ and ‘Bild am Sonntag’ have been presenting the Golden Steering Wheel awards since 1976. This year’s competition included 36 models in six categories.
The victories for the Audi Q2 and Audi A5 Coupé are Golden Steering Wheel awards number 26 and 27 for the brand with the four rings. No other car manufacturer has won more.
Rupert Stadler, chairman of the Board of Management of AUDI AG, said, “Our successful performance in one of the most prominent competitions in our industry proves that with our product initiative, we have very attractive models in our portfolio. As a result, the Audi Q2 and the Audi A5 Coupé convinced the jury made up of editors, racing drivers, designers, celebrities and driving enthusiasts, although the participants all had different expectations of the cars.”
The Audi Q2 won through in the ‘Compact SUV’ category. Stadler said, “This victory shows that the Audi Q2 has captured the spirit of the times. It combines a robust SUV look and agile handling with a size that works for city driving as well as superb functionality. The Q2 clearly signals that the expansion of our Q family is an important component of our growth strategy. With its exciting starting price, we are attracting new customers to Audi.” The new Audi A5 Coupé won in the ‘Sports Car’ segment. Dietmar Voggenreiter, member of the Board for Sales and Marketing at AUDI AG, said, “The new Audi A5 Coupé is the Gran Turismo from Audi – a perfect symbiosis of dynamic sports car and elegant coupe. The very first A5 Coupé was a landmark in the development of the Audi brand. The Golden Steering Wheel shows that the new A5, with its high-tech features and superb utility for everyday driving, is setting new standards.”
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 23, 2017 Gulf Great Sands launches all-new BAIC A115 Hatchback 2017 by Bisura
- Mar 22, 2017 Alfardan Motors hosts ‘Esperienza Ferrari’; participants laud GTC4Lusso, 488 Spider by Bisura
- Mar 22, 2017 Renault’s special scheme ends on March 23 by Bisura
- Mar 20, 2017 Land Rover Discovery debuts in MENA region by Bisura
- Mar 20, 2017 Infiniti Q30 is designed for new generation of buyers by Bisura
- Mar 20, 2017 Amouage extends support to Ahmad al Harthy by Bisura
- Mar 19, 2017 Middle East poised for debut of new Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 by Bisura
- Mar 17, 2017 Stupid is as stupid does... by Bisura
- Mar 16, 2017 Rolls-Royce brings Elegance to 2017 Geneva Motor Show by Bisura
- Mar 16, 2017 Nissan Altima impresses with fuel efficiency by Bisura